Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stories of a Visa Application - Part VI: Detained

New Information: http://ocavusoglu.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/stories-of-visa-application-new.html
-------
A sunny day it was today, where the high peak reached 16 Degrees Celsius.

Of a very unlikely nature for Istanbul, the night temperature will be around 4 Degrees, a sharp drop from the day.

My feelings fluctuated during the day quite dramatically, too. I had booked my return flight to London today, for 15 January.

Eagerly refreshing visa application webpage and submitting the long application code (csc-tr-....) that could be anything from the registry code of a machinery in an abandoned ex-Soviet power plant somewhere in the midsts of a cold Russian town to the barcode on a piece of garbage of a sweet chocolate bar you have just thrown away... I submit the code and all I get is the same message.

"Documents arrived at the Visa Section".

My flight has just left and I am still looking at the island on the map.

Or... maybe it doesn't even exist there on the map anymore... as was the case with the controversial art piece this Czech artist created for the official launch of Czech Presidency of the EU. The EU or the UK... Seem like distant trails on some maps coloured a sinister red, by some sinister ministers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Nice blog. I enjoyed reading the saga of the visa. I was also applying for the same category and got my rejection letter today. It is heartbreaking - it was because of the smallest detail. I hope officials at Istanbul are functional humans and you will get your visa alright. Next week I will be flying back to my family, but leaving behind my partner, the library, the river Clyde. I sincerely wish you good luck with your application, your work and your life!

Ömerillo said...

Thank you Maria for the comment and the nice wishes.

Really sorry to hear you've got to leave Scotland behind with your partner and the library. I've got quite similar concerns but still hope for the best. I hope you will sort it out, and I'd only wish a world with less barriers.

I shall soon write of the outcome of my application on these pages.

taiseer said...



renewal of us visaGet Your visa renewal done in less than 3 hours from the time you make your embassy payment. payment after processing your application. we deal with american USA visa renewal services in India mainly in Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai Chennai kolkata.