Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stories of a Visa Application - New Information

Part VII: http://ocavusoglu.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/stories-of-visa-application-part-vii.html
--------
I have probably become the 'biggest fan' of the World Bridge Visa Information Services website which is the agency that forwards my visa application to the UK Consulate.

Today I found out that they have put a link to a new 'guide to visa processing times' published by the UK Home Office for all applications all around the world. It can be found at this link.

Before this guide came out I had always been told it takes around 3 weeks (or 20 working days). Now, according to this data, there were only 3 applications to the visa I have applied for from Istanbul in December 2008.

0% of the 3 applications were decided neither within 5 or 15 working days.
100% of the 3 applications were decided within 30 working days.

So, it is 15-30 working days. That is a 15 working days of ambiguity between the two numbers. That is 3 weeks of your precious time whereby you can't make further short-term plans about your life.

Today was my 18th working day since I sent my documents to World Bridge, and probably 17th working day since they forwarded them to the UK Consulate.

Who knows how long it will take? Who knows what were the decisions for those 3 applications, and what will it be for mine?

Oh, maybe Obama knows this, too?

In any way, let me hope for the best and hope for better for those who have suffered much worse from restrictions such as these, countable not only by weeks, but months, years or even lifetimes...

No comments: