Tuesday, September 14, 2010

cirkin sehir

The strong breeze smelled of Istanbul, the air that I missed as it swept the leaves of some palm trees (yes there are those, too). S. was delivering some paperwork to the consulate, to do with the military service as I was taking pictures of some new residential towers across from the hill I stood on. One of many thousand hills of the city. I walked back to the car, watched some men finish their lunch meal break, and heard two other young ones talk about the basketball game last night. Partly cloudy, but bright blue sky and that feel on my hair (the remaining bit, at least) that fills me with love for my beautiful city, yet again. Oh, how I miss it when I am away!


A lovely 6-year old girl is pulled by her grandma as she takes a giant step to walk on to the pavement. I hear her say:

"...ama cok cirkin bu sehir yaaaa.."

No comments: