Monday, September 01, 2008

even an end has a start

OK, this is a cheesy title to begin with, it is some lyrics from a cool Editors song, but it is not the most creative title. In fact, I have been writing cheesy blog's about how life is downstairs and upstairs and so on. But sometimes life is easy, at the roof terrace it is a bit breezy and sometimes it is just cheesy (just like this rhyme).

Anyhow, this monologue is actually a small farewell introduction. I am leaving my house, my beautiful city, the good weather and the good friends and the good view again, to go to an uncertain. As of tomorrow 4 PM, I will be retiring from my 17 years-long non-stop educational career. I may go back to it one day, but the coming years look like I'll try something different.

After some travelling in September, October will mark a fresh new start in a foreign city with no home, no work, no commitments but increased responsibilities, along with different heartbeats. Ambiguity might be scary, and the shite weather will definitely not be of great help. I adapt well. It doesn't necessarily mean I "belong", but I find a way. Or a way finds me. Or I just leave it to my intuition, or to my feet which always take me somewhere. Somewhere rather cool.

A hint: I am looking towards a harbour across the sea. Tomorrow, I will be at another harbour. And the day after tomorrow, I will actually be at another harbour, all of which I have been to before. Did you know that there are actually more countries in the world by the open-waterside (sea or ocean)?

There will be more motion picture, and then there will be soundtrack. Rail tracks, running tracks, airport runways, trekking routes, wheels on the left, wheels on the right and a paragliding flight. A smooth land and in the end, my feet will finally be on the ground (I told you, I don't necessarily "belong").

Damn, this feels awkward.

1 comment:

basakiper said...

Have a nice travel then.
This is the place you'll always end up somehow. So, no worries.
Cheers!